Address:55 North Broad Street Philadelphia PA 19107 USA ; 839 Market Street Philadelphia PA 19107 USA
Date of View: 1930s
View Format: Photograph
Image description: Assorted images from Gimbles' Thanksgiving Day Parade. Gimbels is often associated with the retail store of the same name, but Gimbels is notably associated with the Gimbles' Thanksgiving Day Parade in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Originating in 1920, the parade is often noted as being the oldest parade in the United States. Today, the parade is currently known as the 6ABC-Dunkin’ Donuts Thanksgiving Day Parade.
(1) Photograph shows women caring American Flags down Broad Street onto John F. Kennedy Boulevard.
(2) Photograph shows costume clown heads making their way down Broad Street.
(3) Photograph depicts crowd watching a giant balloon make its way down Market Street.
(4) Photograph of crowd watching an inflatable “Toyland” train makes it’s way down Market Street during Gimbels' Thanksgiving Day Parade.
(5) Photograph depicts balloons making their way down Market Street during parade.
(6) Photograph of a man lifting a little girl to see Santa Clause.