A Brief History of the Pennsylvania Institution for the Deaf and Dumb, 1893
A small history of the Pennsylvania Insitution for the Deaf and Dumb located in Mt. Airy, Philadelphia. The text was written by H. Van Allen and the engraving were created by W. R. Cullingsworth. This booklet was printed in 1893 by order of the board of directors of the Pennsylvania Institute for the Deaf and Dumb. This volume includes portraits of: A.L.E. Crouter, Thomas Hopkins Gallaudet, Samuel Heinecke, Rev. William White, David Seixas, John Carlin, Albert Newsam, Benjamin D. Pettengill, Laurent Clerc, Lewis Weld, Abraham B. Hutton, Joshua Foster, and Mrs. Mary Paullin.
This digital record contains thirty-two images that depict the entire described volume.
, Mt. AiryPhiladelphia
Library of Congress Subjects:
Pennsylvania Institution for the Deaf and Dumb [info:lc/authorities/names/n85185553]
Deaf--Education--United States [info:lc/authorities/subjects/sh2008102062]