African Episcopal Church of St. Thomas
Bb 862 B756 #44
Lithograph of the African Episcopal Church of St. Thomas at the corner of 5th St. and Adelphia St. (now St. James Place) in Philadelphia. The original African Church was an outgrowth of the Free African Society, a mutual aid organization established in 1787 by Absalom Jones, Richard Allen and others, to assist the Black population in Philadelphia.
A Sunday Morning View of the African Episcopal Church of St. Thomas in Philadelphia. - Taken in June 1829